Sunday, May 29, 2005

The Best Non-Tag Sale Ever

As anyone who lives in the New Haven knows, I had a very kick-ass yard tag sale a few weeks ago. It was a great success and the proceeds went to the postage for shipping the rest of my stuff to California.

Now comes the harder part. After getting rid of some stuff via tag sale and some other stuff via USPS, there was a large amount of stuff lounging in my apartment. Normally, I would donate to Goodwill or the Salvation Army, even though I disagree with their politics, but I have no car. The solution? A FREE bin on my front yard.

The best part about putting free stuff in your front yard is watching people scavange and walk away with a door, or half a pad of drawing paper. Hot items included extention cords, and a wire shelf.

I would highly recommend the front yard FREE sale. The joy it brings to people who thought they were just going for a walk and come home with a toaster is priceless.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an annual fund raiser for animals for the last ten years and with the help of the volunteers that collect and man the tag sale, we raise over two thousand dollars a year. The proceeds go to the animals. We get dogs out of kill shelters and get them transported to CT to a foster home till they are adopted. You can imagine the HUGE amount of stuff left over at teh end of the sale and I leave it little by little on the sidewalk in front of my house and at night listen to people going thru the stuff. I will put a chair out in the mornign and when I coem home from work, it will be gone. All this is of course, after I call the churches and let them take whatever they want. It is the ultimate in recycling!

9/30/2008 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home