Saturday, August 13, 2005

Gas Prices Soar, Leaving Me to take Public Transport (which I would have done anyway)

Today I spent $35 for 3/4 of a tank of gas! This has gotten to the point of ridiculous. Next thing there's going to be rationing and everyone will be reminiscing about the 70s, even those of us who weren't even alive for the oil crisis. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have settled on a slightly more fuel-efficient car than a volvo. But I do love my leather seats and huge trunk.

It's little wonder, given how expensive gas currently is, that I don't drive my car very much. Apparently, according to the Albany police, this is illegal. I received a notice today that you are not allowed to park your car in the same place for more than 72 hours, and that they have the right to tow it beyond that period.

Now, I understand that this ordinance is probably there to deal with abandoned vehicles, but 72 hours? On a residential street? That's 3 days. I've been on vacation for longer than that.

I suspect that the Albany police targeted my car due to the extremely bad parking job that I performed 3 days ago. So, I took the car, filled up on gas, went to Trader Joe's, and parked the car in the same spot, just closer to the curb this time. We'll see if this flies with the cops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home