Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Karaoke! Karaoke! (doo, doo, doo)

Matt and I have been discussing the need for an ongoing list of potential karaoke songs. You know, so you have those hits ready instead of half-drunkenly flipping through the pages of SONGMASTER VOL. 8234-8237. Now, we can half-drunkenly sit around and say, "What was that one we put on the list? You know, that one from the 80s. With the keyboards."

So far we have:

1. Because the night (10K maniacs)
2. Good Vibrations (Marky Mark)
3. Sometimes I Rhyme Slow (Nice and Smooth)
4. Nine to Five (Dolly)

1. Sweet Caroline (Neil)
2. Girls Just Want to have Fun (Cyndi)

Everyone else should feel free to contribute too!

9 Comments:

Blogger Miriam said...

WHY is that fox singing karaoke? WHY????

Well, and you can't forget that one song we sang that one time. What was that again? It was good, whatever it was!

8/25/2005 11:18 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

"Because the Night" should be Patti Smith!

written by Bruce Springsteen, btw.

8/26/2005 12:15 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I know 10k Maniacs did a cover, just the original is better.

8/26/2005 12:16 PM  
Blogger Matt & Mary Catherine's Wedding said...

the 10,000 maniacs was matt's! i believe it was "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler. Although I think we also totally rocked "me and julio down by the schoolyard" by Paul Simon.

8/26/2005 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok ok. But I should point out that better versions do not necessarily make better karaoke. I much prefer to invoke axl rose than bob dylan in singing "knockin on heaven's door". Then I can do my snake dance.

8/29/2005 12:08 AM  
Blogger alek said...

here's an ice cream cone honey take a lick

which would be the worst Greg Nice line ever, were it not for the line immediately following.

9/09/2005 1:38 PM  
Blogger Matt & Mary Catherine's Wedding said...

I really want Matt to get up and do karaoke to Tracy Chapman and bust out with that one.

9/13/2005 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but that line comes after "I'm sweeter and thicker than a chick-o-stick."! I think we can forgive greg nice a few unoriginal lines after he figured out how to include that obscurely weird candy in his rhyme.

9/19/2005 2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually that was a pretty cool line man

5/26/2006 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home