Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I am a skinny white girl

As part of my "settling in" to the Bay Area, I joined the local gym. As Matt would say, I don't want to get chubby from sitting in the cubicle all day (ok, he doesn't say exactly that, but it's pretty close).

My first work out included the Street Style (TM) dance class. I had a really good time, but I looked totally ridiculous. Like FAR worse than Julia Stiles in Save the Last Dance. For one thing, I have skinny little legs. And, since I was surrounded by mirrors, I had the opportunity to observe that my normal stance involves me having my feet slightly turned in, like they are ashamed to be moving to the beat.

Then there are the hips. The instructor was grooving to "My Goodies", but my hips just don't work like that. I was on a cruise once in the Caribbean and the staff guys gave up on teaching me rhythm. If that isn't hopeless, I don't know what is.

Basically, I look like an eleven year old trying to do the chicken and kick-ball-change at the same time.

Remarkably, I wasn't the worst person in the class.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee hee. you make me laugh :)

9/16/2005 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home