Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Every cloud has silver lining that sometimes conks you on the head and leaves you with a concussion.

Matt and I headed up to Berkeley for his job interview yesterday. It was a pretty funny sight- him in his fancy suit & tie and me in - let's go out on a limb here - jeans and a t-shirt.

Anyway, I get a call from my mom. Apparently, D.D'A, my former slumlord extraordinaire, has apparently decided to keep $1200 of my security deposit. Apparently, my 30+ days notice was not sufficient so he withheld an entire month's rent. In addition he took off another ~$500 in late fees, although I never received any notification that he was assessing late fees when I turned in my rent. Basically, he is a vindictive bastard and a fuckhead. Now I am in California and it will be difficult to do much about the situation.

Then, on the way back from Rockridge, we discovered that we had a flat tire. So, we had to put on the spare (at least it was a useful skill to learn, along with remembering to read leases and document coorespondences with shady slumlords). Luckily, we made it to the tire store right before they closed.

At least Matt's interview went well.

I have pictures of our successful tire change, but they are trapped on my camera until I can locate the cord to download them. For now, you can enjoy this lovely picture from the web, that makes the situation look far more dire than it actually was.

Although this one probably better suits my mood:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least the boat was spared!

7/07/2005 9:06 PM  
Blogger Matt & Mary Catherine's Wedding said...

a good thing too. it looks like a sweet boat!

7/07/2005 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home