Tuesday, November 16, 2004

My New Not-So-Secret Obsession

I am declaring The OC the second best show television (behind ANTM, of course). I just got the 1st season DVD over the weekend, and am now on disc 6 of 7. How did people survive having to wait week-to-week last year? Every freaking show ends in some kind of major cliffhanger, just begging you to keep watching.

In the spirit of The OC, how about Death Cab's recent signing with Atlantic? And yes, I recognize that one of my favorite bands from college is now listened to by 13 year olds everywhere. The only thing I really hate about bands getting big is that you don't get that small club feel anyone. The Weezer show in Athens a couple of years ago was totally creepy with all of those teenagers milling about. I don't want listening to music to make me feel old.

Does anyone else think the following pronouncement sounds more "and now we have been branded with the blood-red corporate A" than, "hey guys, it's just a little more money being thrown in our direction, don't worry your pretty little heads about it"?

Thus, in the spirit of full disclosure, here is a detailed list of the changes that will occur now that we are on Atlantic Records: 1) Next to the picture of Barsuk holding a 7”, there will be the letter “A” on both the spine and back of our upcoming albums. I hope all of you can deal with this list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home